Subject: Re: ajbr20 behaviour with batteries
From: José M. Fandiño (ajbr20_at_fadesa.es)
Date: 2003-02-20

Hello,

Chris Holt wrote:
> This could be dependant on the batteries used (get some 1850s or 2000s, they
> are great!) the type of adapter you have (Kings or aAz or replacement?) and
> your operating system/USB drivers (do they allow the disk to spindown when
> connected?)

Changing the batteries can improve the time that I can do transfers, but
it's only a question of time that the batteries are flat again and
the AJBR gets unusable.

Indeed, I think that perhaps it makes it worth spend some more euros on a
real portable HD like a Zen. :-(

Just out of curiosity, does the FM Recorder have this problem ????

> Of course if one has never done that large a transfer or left the AJBR
> hooked up that long, one might never notice.

yes, this was my case. I was using my AJBRabout o month ago and
detected this failure. It was only evident when I got "the Simpsons"
DivX collection and I needed to transfer several chapters :)