Subject: Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders and larger Tetris source code

Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders and larger Tetris source code

From: Joaquim Carvalho <jdc_at_x64.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 19:05:35 +0000

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 18:25, Robert Hak wrote:
> One other comment regarding this..
>
> Why do you replace proper C comments /* */ with C++isms of //?

There's a good reason for // commenting:

// this is OK
/*
// add-up all x sizes
n=0;
while(n<100)
{
        a+=xsize(n);
        n++;
}
*/

/* this is not OK */
/*
/* add-up all x sizes */
n=0;
while(n<100)
{
        a+=xsize(n);
        n++;
}
*/

> Also, use the patch tracker if you want to submist patches.
>
> Thats why its there...

I'm knew to this, didn't know there was a patch tracker.
I mailed the patches to the list because I was asked to do it.
The base code is version 1.4, the patches have to be changed
to be applied to the current version.
I posted the compiled code for evaluation, if the patches are
to be applied I'll re-do them for the current version.

Joaquim