Subject: Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders andlargerTetrissource code

Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders andlargerTetrissource code

From: Andreas Stemmer <Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:54:22 +0100

I'm not sure why, but I find it more intuitive the way it is now (volume
UP/DOWN, next/previous song LEFT/RIGHT). But the remote controls of most tvs
are different, they have volume LEFT/RIGHT and program UP/DOWN.

It's really a strange problem and mainly dominated by feelings and emotions.
I really like the vertical sliders in the sound menu, but it's difficult to
clearly describe their function (AVC is not enough), therefore I prefer the
horizontal sliders, even if they bring some inconsistency, but I would not
change the up/down/left/right behaviour in the wps.

Another question: would vertical text be possible?

Andreas Stemmer

> > I actually like your concept. I just think slider should be vertical
> > because of consistency with the WPS, or should we change the WPS so
> > that Up/Down change songs and Left/Right operate the volume?
> why not :) songs in the playlist are among each other. the volume
triangle
> "fills" horizontally
> when adjusting volume - so that would just fit to what`s "on the screen".
> didn`t think about the disadvantages - onecould be the fact, that current
> keymappings have
> "burnt" into everyone`s mind and changing this could give confusion.
people