Subject: Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders and larger Tetris source code
From: Robert Hak (rhak_at_ramapo.edu)
Date: 2003-02-21

One other comment regarding this..

Why do you replace proper C comments /* */ with C++isms of //?

Also, use the patch tracker if you want to submist patches.

Thats why its there...

Thanks,

/Adi

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Joaquim Carvalho wrote:

Hi, it's me again.

The following patches are based on the Rockbox 1.4 release.
If any of these patches gets accepted I'll be happy and keep
working on Rockbox (some people have strange hobbies). If not
I'm happy too, I did these changes mainly because I needed
them but it's rather hard to keep patching a changing program
so I don't think I'll do much more work.

http://x64.com/public/ui.patch
- ui.patch
  - Global keys [On] [F1] [F2] [F3] go to
    Brouse Sound_Sliders Menu and WPS screens
  - Inverted line cursor
  - Improved some icons
  - Volume setup "linearized" for very low volume levels
    Resolution has not been lost above 60%
  - also contains the tetris and sound sliders patch

http://x64.com/public/tetris.patch
- tetris.patch
  Larger graphics for Tetris (doubled graphics area)
  Vertical orientation
  Enter key rotates

http://x64.com/public/sound_menu.patch
- sound_menu.patch
  Graphic vertical sliders for sound setup
  5 slivers on the screen
  Vol Bas Tre Bal Lou
  Position the cursor at the right slider and press
  right for 1 sec to access the right extra 3 sliders
  SBa AVC Cha

For a quick test the binary is available at:
http://www.x64.com/public/ajbrec.ajz
(I don't know if it's OK to post 150k on the list)

The complete patched 1.4 source code is available at:
http://www.x64.com/public/rockboxjdc200203.tar

Things I plan to do next:

a)
1979 HeadOn(Coin-Op) by Sega/Gremlin look alike game,
perfect match for the Recorder lcd screen, one of the
most exciting games I have ever played. I have the
source code I did to run on another device, it's
easy to port it to the Recorder

b)
Play everything inside a folder (random/sequential)

c)
Cleanup/better integrate my code to allow for future improvements

d)
User definable shortcut "long" keys
[Long On]
[Long F1]
[Long F2]
[Long F3]
A nice side-effect of the Global keys is that a sequence like
[F2][Down][Right][Right] takes us to the Tetris game every time :)
I plan to let the users record key sequences and assign them to a
user-definable "long" key.

Joaquim

| Robert E. Hak < http://phobos.ramapo.edu/~rhak > |

"Are you pondering what I am pondering Pinky?"
"I think so Brain, but you wear the pink tutu this time."
        - Pinky and the Brain