Subject: Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders and larger Tetris source code
From: Joaquim Carvalho (
Date: 2003-02-21

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 19:35, Robert Hak wrote:

> I'd go the other way. We can't consider patches for inclusion until we
> see them based off the current code (well.. more current then 1.4)
> Try and convert what you have to several small patches and put them in.
> You are much more likely to get them accepted. "I'll do it once they are
> accepted" won't gain you much ground.
> /Adi

I meant: when/if the functionality of new code - a different UI - gets
accepted I'll re-formate the code, replace all // with /* */, make it
compatible with the then current version and submit a patch for

p.s. What's the reason for you not wanting the // comments?
Are there any alternatives? (I like to have comments in my
code, I also like to be able to comment-out a block of code
without having to edit all the comment lines inside it)