Subject: Re: Experimental new UI for the Recorder
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-02-22

> - Volume UP/DOWN keys are LEFT/RIGHT on this screen, not UP/DOWN
> like on the WPS
> I did the vertical sound sliders because I wanted the volume UP/DOWN
> keys to be consistent, not because of good looks
regarding this, you are right. my mentioned "consequent UI design"
contravenes
whith my suggestion.
on the other hand: Being in this dialog, the user looks at the scrollbars
and he
will be pressing the right keys intuitively. Maybe he get`s used to, and
expects
right/left for volume control in the main menu after some time....
"scissors in my head" here....

> - More scrolling involved - only 3 lines are visible
scrolling looks cool. I like scrolling ;)

regards
Roland

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 04:19, roland wrote:
> > I think about this and will post my ideas in form of some "fake pics",
if
> > somebody would
> > like this.
> That would be great.
>
> ok - here is some idea:
> http://rockbox.my-vserver.de/suggest/graph_sound.png

Looks good!

> advantages i would see is:
> - no abbreviations - enough room for full length words/descriptors in all
> supported languages
> - different fonts could be used
> - enough room for numerical values, too
>
> disadvantage(s):

- Volume UP/DOWN keys are LEFT/RIGHT on this screen, not UP/DOWN
  like on the WPS
  I did the vertical sound sliders because I wanted the volume UP/DOWN
  keys to be consistent, not because of good looks

- More scrolling involved - only 3 lines are visible

> difficult to implement !?

Nope.

> ..
>
> regards