Subject: Re: code style - my take
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-22

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/contributing.html says nothing about //
> comments not being allowed.

No, but it says "follow the code style of the file you are editing" and all our files use C comments exclusively.

> I've been using // comments long before I first heard of C++

That's irrelevant. // did not exist in C before C++ introduced it, and is therefore by definition a "c++ism".

> doing it the "wrong" way is harder on the eyes, brain and fingers.

Exactly. That's why we have defined a right way for Rockbox. Please follow it.

You will not convince me to change the Rockbox coding style, so stop trying. Let's move on to more important things.

--
Björn