Subject: Re: AJB 20 Analog recording

Re: AJB 20 Analog recording

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:13:46 -0500

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:40:47 +0100, Lasse wrote:
>I just made a new recording of the same song and this time
>everything worked
>perfect. This is what is confusing, the problem occurs, as it seems,
>by
>random.
>
>So I would still be grateful to anyone coming up with a hint.
>
>Best regards
>
>Lasse

You should troubleshoot this with a process of elimination. You haven't
said if you have recorded from other sources, so the turntable, preamp,
etc. are still possible suspects. You haven't said that you tried other
cables or double checked the integrity of the connections. (have you
"played" with the cables while recording to see if you can induce the
problem?) You haven't said that you have recorded from this turntable
with other devices with no problems, so the Archos hardware is still
suspect. Are you monitoring the recording in progress? Can you hear the
dropouts?

Sorry to answer a question with so many questions, but you have to throw
us "armchair troubleshooters" a bone or two. :)

Chris