Subject: Re: Using Digital in/out on Archos Recorder 20 ?
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-02-23

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:33:44 -0800, Inderjeet Singh wrote:

>I would like to use the optical digital out feature of archos
>jukebox for playback through my home theater system. I bought an
>optical cable (SONY POC-20AP) with toslink connectors and optical
>mini plug adapters. The cable when connected to the optical mini-
>plug adapter fits nicely into archos jukebox but I get no output
>signal. Similarly, when I try to record something through my
>archos, I get no input signal. What am I missing ? Am I using the
>wrong cable ?

Yes you are using the wrong cable. The cable that comes with the Archos
is the correct one. The Archos has Coaxial (Coax) digital in/out, not
Optical. If your devices have optical (toslink) connections you will
need a converter to convert the signal from optical to electrical or vice
versa, depending on your application. (Play or Record)

>BTW, The same cable (with toslink connection) works fine with my
>PC's digital audio out.
>Has anyone been able to use the digital out successfully ?

Yes, many have.

>thank you very much
>inder

NP,