Subject: Re: Recorder experimental new UI, Sound Sliders and largerTetrissource code
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-02-23

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> If you see the Jukebox as a small computer device running the
> application software Rockbox then you're right.
> If you see Jukebox+Rockbox as a music playing device then it's
> bad enough that it does not have dedicated volume keys. People
> should not need to look at the LCD and check if they're at
> the right screen so they know what keys they must press to
> increase or reduce the volume. Even computer geeks must rest
> sometime.

So you are saying that the Up/Down keys are to be reserved for volume?
You must be joking. I don't know about the rest of the world, but I
would really prefer being able to use the Up/Down keys for a lot of
other things than just the volume, like scrolling the file list for example.

The jukebox has no dedicated volume keys. Deal with it.