Subject: Re: recording - shut down - save
From: Peter König (
Date: 2003-02-23

Regarding the clipping, you won't have any luck.
There's no software that can remove clips.
This is because "clipping" means that there's a part of the sound
signal missing (the wave is cut). There's no software that can guess
that missing information (except onboard the Enterprise maybe).
So called "noise removers" are only able to remove a background noise
but the original sound has to be intact.

Sorry for that, I lost a cool set this way, too.

> just want to mention scandisk actually did the job ! fantastic ;)

> now i need to search for an audio tool to lower the effect of
clipping ;)
> (i had the input at the archos low , but still too high , it seems
have to set it extremely low for party recordings)
Die einen haben es, die anderen werden es!
SPEED, KOMFORT, NON-STOP ONLINE ab CHF 40.- cablecom hispeed internet -