Subject: Re: Re[2]: 8MB builds anyone?

Re: Re[2]: 8MB builds anyone?

From: Andrew Jamieson <andrew.jamieson_at_projectlab.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:02:50 +1100

Is it too much trouble to have the code detect the DRAM size, and therefore
eliminate the need for a special build? Somewhere near the start of the
code you could jump to a page within the 2 MB -> 8 MB region write a small
byte string, and then try to read it back. If it reads back OK, mem_size
(or whatever) = 8MB.

Or is the problem that the memory bank organisation needs to be set at
compile? (Please forgive my ignorance here ....).

Andrew Jamieson