Subject: Re: Recording problem

Re: Recording problem

From: Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:17:20 +0100

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:50:30 +0100, Paul van der Heu wrote:

>Hmm recording ran for almost an hour (44k1, qual7) before I went
>downstairs to watch some video.. 50 minutes I find a panic rec file
>-2 error.
>
>Resulting file is 64 MB, obviously corrupt and unplayable.
>After I had Norton run on the drive I am left with a 63 MB file
>which runs for almost an hour..
>
>I will now do a full reformat previously I did 'just' a quick
>format) and repeat the test..

OK.. I did the format.. and the results are the same.. panic recfile
-2, 74.724 KB file after restart

after running norton (the file is again corrupt and unreadable) a
63.968 KB file is left which I can play using WinAmp.

I then recorded a one minute segment. the resulting file cannot be
played in Winamp (file is corrupt and unreadable). Rockbox thinks the
file is 2972 minutes long, tries to play it, but fails.

After running norton the file is gone, not even a recover..

recorded a 5 minute sample (a 6MB file), again track not playable in
either rockbox or winamp, after norton a 2.5 MB file is left..

Guess that's enough info for now ehh.. :)