Subject: Re: Bug [ 622799 ] Solid drive light, music stops playing

Re: Bug [ 622799 ] Solid drive light, music stops playing

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:19:08 -0000 (GMT)

Björn Stenberg said:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> I still think it would be good to try to not skip to the next track on
>> a read error though,
>
> We don't. We skip to next track after five seconds of failed retries.

Even if there is buffered, unplayed data in the anti-skip buffer? Sorry I
don't have access to the code to look at this now!

I still think that 7 seconds is not enough anti-skip buffer. What do
others think? It seems that at something like 60 or 70 seconds brings us
to almost constant disk access, so I would say that we need a scale that
goes from 0 to 70 seconds. There are obvious implications for battery
life, but that is what configurations are for! We are limited to 3 bits by
the current configuration saving code, so how about using a scale of 0-70
in 10 second intervals, and still storing the value 0-7 in the RTC buffer
(or on disk). You would need to multiply or divide by 10 when saving and
restoring the value.

> Or at least that's what we are trying to do... :-)

We'll get there!

:-)