Subject: Bug in Recording - VBR out of sync - VBRfix won't help
From: Peter König (
Date: 2003-02-25

I recorded a 90min set on February 17th with the current daily build
(at that date).
It's working perfectly on the Archos (I can listen to the whole file).
But when I try to load or convert it on my PC, it doesn't.
It plays/converts only the first 40:27 minutes (I tried dBPoweramp,
MAD decoder, WinAMP).
In WinAMP it gives me the right time (90:42 Minutes) but doesn't
play/convert beyond 40:27.
Then I tried VBRFix v5.3.15
(, that shows me a
"change in MPEG Header" and excites with "Run Time Error 9".
MP3 Tag Studio (, which has a VBR Header Fixer
as well didn't work either.
Is it a bug in Rockbox or the Archos MP3 Chip?

Can anyone help me?
'cuz I need to burn that sucker as a AudioCD!

Thanks a lot in advance
Schreibsüchtige gesucht!
SPEED, KOMFORT, NON-STOP ONLINE ab CHF 40.- cablecom hispeed internet -