Subject: Memory/Settings Creation Question
From: Dave Jones (
Date: 2003-02-25

Some newbie questions about memory:

I'd like to create a couple of new global settings for my Rockbox firmware.

I can't tell from the settings.c file if there is room for them in the
Config block saved to Ram. I would guess from my rudimentary knowledge that
this space is full.

Can I just add them onto the end of the Config block that is saved to disk?
If so, what is my offset? 0xFC + 260 bytes?

I plan on using two settings, 1 is a boolean setting (1 bit?) , the other
will have maybe 4 or 5 values (3 bit?)

I'd really appreciate a couple of quick pointers about how to set this up
and maintain compatibility and good coding style.

Dave Jones, Senior Project Consultant
HFP Acoustical Consultants Inc.
6001 Savoy Dr., Suite 115
Houston, Texas 77036