Subject: RE: Problems booting with toshiba 60G drive

RE: Problems booting with toshiba 60G drive

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer_at_gci.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:57:15 -0900

> From: Kevin Wimberly [mailto:kwimberly_at_fcsl.edu] writes:
>
> I had the exact same problem as you with my AJB recorder 6Gb.
> I found that the battery spring on the top left hand corner of
> the unit was not making contact properly with the battery. I VERY
> gently pulled the spring out with a pair of tweezers. Be careful
> as there is a wire soldered across this spring and you don't want
> to break it!

Well, I had alread 'fixed' this spring issue when I upgraded
my drive. The batteries don't seem to be losing contact, but
I guess I'll disassemble and verify voltage.

> I bought new batteries (Energizer ACCU 1.2v-1850mAh) and charged
> them overnight.

I guess this is the next step, but I don't have an external charger
just yet. I'll probably get some of those 2000mAh batteries I saw
posted, as well as one of the nice chargers..

> Good Luck and try to stay calm.

Yeah, for now I'm calm. :-)

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s