Subject: Re[2]: 8MB builds anyone?
From: Michael Schopferer (Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: 2003-02-25

Hallo,

> but actually there are so less people who did it and I really don`t
> think, that it is a problem to patch/compile the sources for someone
> who is able to do the 8mb mod.

That's right. I've done the mod, too. And I'm able to compile rockbox
for it.

> the effort to do the mod is so much bigger than actually building rockbox
> for it, IMHO.

;) Really? For the mod I only need a chip, some wire and a hot pice of
metal (soldering-iron). For the compilation I need an full grown
computer with at leat one OS installed, source fom CVS etc. The latter is
more effort IMO ;)

> What about adding an option to the rockbox configure script as
> a start for supporting 8MB Mod "officially" ?

That's a nice idea.

Ciao,
Michael

--
Michael Schopferer *** Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de