Subject: RE: 8MB builds anyone?
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-02-25

roland responded to
> "Daniel Stenberg" whom wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> As I've noticed that there is now more than one person
>> who've made the 8MB reconstruction, I've been thinking about
>> making special 8MB builds available on the daily build page.
>
> indeed that will cause lots of more interest for the 8mb mod -
> but actually there are so less people who did it and I really don`t
> think, that it is a problem to patch/compile the sources for someone
> who is able to do the 8mb mod.
> the effort to do the mod is so much bigger than actually
> building rockbox for it, IMHO.
>
> What about adding an option to the rockbox configure script as
> a start for supporting 8MB Mod "officially" ?

Is there not a way to programmatically determine whether the mod
has been done? This would allow rolo/rockbox to dynamically adjust
itself to the environment. It would also let us play more without
having to worry about which build we were running.

Just my $AK.02

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s