Subject: Re: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

Re: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

From: Denis Pelletier <denis.pelletier_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:58:40 -0500

On Thursday 27 February 2003 19:33, Greg Haerr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody recommend an easy-to-use CD-to-mp3 conversion
> utility? I'm looking for something that will convert an entire
> CD to a set of .mp3 files basically automatically... (auto grabbing
> of track names, auto-calced filenames, etc. I figured
> you all would know utilities that work well. (Linux or Win32)

You should try grip! The best IMHO.

[dpel_at_denis Intra]$ rpm -qi grip
Name : grip Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version : 3.0.1 Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release : 3mdk Build Date: Tue 13 Aug 2002 11:35:10 PM EDT
Install date: Sun 18 Aug 2002 Build Host: hp6.mandrakesoft.com
Group : Sound Source RPM: grip-3.0.1-3mdk.src.rpm
Size : 711159 License: GPL
Packager : Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne_at_mandrakesoft.com>
Description :
Grip is a gtk-based cd-player and cd-ripper. It has the ripping capabilities
of cdparanoia builtin, but can also use external rippers (such as
cdda2wav). It also provides an automated frontend for MP3 encoders, letting
you take a disc and transform it easily straight into MP3s. The CDDB
protocol is supported for retrieving track information from disc database
servers. Grip works with DigitalDJ to provide a unified "computerized"
version of your music collection.

--
Denis
Denis Pelletier