Subject: Problems booting with toshiba 60G drive
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-02-26

I've run into a problem, and not sure if there is a valid
solution for this.

I upgraded my JBR-20 with a Toshiba MK6021GAS almost exactly a month
ago. It's been working great up until today, when I turned it on
to discover the following message:

        hd register error
           sc1 (85) 128
           sn1 (170) 128
           sc2 (170) 128
           sn2 (85) 128

The unit then shuts off after a few seconds. I tried listening to
it while turning it on again, and the HD doesn't even spin up. It
just click-hums, as if there isn't enough juice -- which is odd,
because it had been freshly charged the day before, and was at least
70% when I put it away for the night.

I've left it on the charger, but don't know if it will actually charge
without being 'booted', just to see if that makes a difference. It
doesn't spin up while plugged in either.

i've been running a CVS version from mid-Jan, but unfortunately don't
have the ability to check which one.. :-\

Has anybody successfully managed to solve this error?

Thanks.

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s