Subject: RE: Problems booting with toshiba 60G drive
From: Kevin Wimberly (kwimberly_at_fcsl.edu)
Date: 2003-02-26

Searched and found this on a discussion board (might work):

I had the exact same problem as you with my AJB recorder 6Gb. I found that
the battery spring on the top left hand corner of the unit was not making
contact properly with the battery. I VERY gently pulled the spring out with
a paitr of tweezers. Be careful as there is a wire soldered across this
spring and you don't want to break it! I bought new batteries (Energizer
ACCU 1.2v-1850mAh) and charged them overnight. I then reformatted the drive
from "My Computer" (right click and choose format) and installed the Rockbox
firmware version 1.4. Everything seems to be going perfectly now. I must
have knocked the unit around too much when I had it on my belt. I hope this
helps. By the way I am using Win XP Pro just in case there is a different
process involved when reformatting under other OS. Good Luck and try to stay
calm. My AJBR was almost thrown out of the window a couple of times)

from:
http://www.watervalley.net/cgi-bin/bb/YaBB.pl?board=Archos&action=display&nu
m=1034268695