Subject: Re: synchronize your music folder
From: Ed McConnell (ed_mcconnell_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-02-26

on linux i mount the archos as vfat and use the rsync command line tool
( http://www.rsync.org ) between ~/mp3 and /mnt/archos.
it's very simple to use and it's got plenty of options to give you what
you want e.g. you can include/exclude files by regular expression ( i
exclude all my .ogg files for example, include all .mp3 and .m3u files),
specify whether files should be absent from the PC should be deleted
from the archos etc.

works for me, and it's much faster than a full copy because just the
delta is transferred.

cheers,
ed.

--
Ed McConnell

Grabel's Law : 2 is not equal to 3 - not even for very large values of 2.