Subject: RE: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-02-28

Warren Llama Ernst said:
> Well,
>
> You said that a Win32 option was fine, and actually, the MusicMatch
> Jukebox software that came with the Recorder (that IS what you have,
> right?) works great. The version/serial number gets automatically
> upgraded to version 7.5 Pro. On my PC with a 48x Yahama F1CDRW drive, it
> collects CDDB track, artist, and album names and rips the whole CD into
> MP3's in about 2 or 3 minutes, with speeds ranging from 12x to 40x,
> depending on the track.

Personally I find the MusicMatch program clumsy and difficult to use. In
particular it's handling of playlist creation is useless for me. Most of
my mp3 collection is ripped from my own CDs, and organised as the original
album playlist. With MMJ, I have to manually create a playlist file for
myself after ripping the tracks by dragging and dropping them around,
which is just messy and cumbersome.

On windows I use cdex, and under Linux I use Grip, which are both open
source, and both work well, and have plenty of configuration to allow you
to organise your collection easily.

--
Mike Holden