Subject: Re[4]: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

Re[4]: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

From: <mujyo_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:46:48 -0800

Friday, February 28, 2003 11:43:08 PM

On Friday, February 28, 2003 TP Diffenbach wrote:
TD> Quoting mujyo_at_attbi.com:

>> about cdex... i kept getting so many bad rips(mostly problems with
>> higher
>> frequencies & gaps), that i switched over to eac, and the rips
>> sound perfect.
>> the advantages of eac are many and are well documented on
>> http://www.exactaudiocopy.de and http://www.hydrogenaudio.org
>> personally, i do like cdex and used it for a long while, but untill
>> its
>> updated abit i won't use it. hope this helps!
>>
>> ciao!
>>

TD> I use Cdex too. But how do you tell if you've gotten a bad rip?

  well i found out after listening to the mp3s and alot of the higher
  frequencies had been cut. apparently it had to do with the beta(?)
  of lame that was put in cdex(for when encoding with lame)... so i
  switched to eac and use dibroms compile, and so far everything
  sounds great, even after blind test... =^) also exact audio copy
  will tell you if the rip is good or bad... and many other things...
  cdex just puts an "x" in a square by the track and will keep
  ripping.

mmm... hope this helps =^)

ciao!

-haruki.