Subject: Re: Recording problem

Re: Recording problem

From: Paul van der Heu <pvdh_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:05:58 +0100

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 02:08:29 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

>I'm having a hard time trying to repeat this bug on my devices. What
>settings do you use?

Just tried again:

Full format
CVS 20030228, Q7-F44.1-line in-stereo
start MD, hit record, watch some TV, Come back, *PANIC* recfile: -2
restart AJBR, play file on AJBR,
file shows time: 2927:03 ( over 48 hours!)
Playback starts OK

FF to 600:13 on display, playback start from start of file!
FF to 150:35 on display, playback start from start of file!
REV to 1050:50 on display, playback start from start of file!

Hook up USB
File shows a beeing 64.301 KB
try to open file in winamp
fails with:
Winamp3: studio.exe - Corrupt file
The file or directory \R030302025649.mp3 is corrupt and unreadable.
Please run the chkdsk utility

Running chdsk
Finds problem and fixes file.. file is now 60.928 KB
a 16 KB chunk is recovered dunno what it is

file plays fine in Winamp, reported as 43.18 long
disconnect USB

open file on AJBR, file show lenght of 43.11
file plays OK, FF and REV work as advertised..

Recording a shorter file (approx 5 minutes)
AJBR shows file as 2973.05 long!
File is corrupt again!
Does not play in AJBR, after chkdsk OK..

So the recfile -2 error and file corruption appear to be separate
issues.. or not.. maybe it appears to RockBox the file is getting too
big and the disk is full while it is not in real life.. would confuse
the hell out of me.. Or it get's stuck in a loop .. But I'm just
guessing here..

This is reproducable 100% of the time..