Subject: pauses between songs
From: Samuel Kaufman (
Date: 2003-03-03

Hi. I have diligently looked at the FAQs ("small rare animals") and other documentation, but I can't find an answer to my question: can one now play songs without pauses?

I will admit why this is so important to me. I have to buy a new mp3 player (my old one was stolen), and I listen to classical music. Sometimes it is catastrophic to have a pause between movements (e.g. when the movements are supposed to blend into one another), and the only alternative I now would have is to create one big mp3 with the whole symphony (for example) in one file, which would take a bit of fiddling around. But then, if I wanted to replay one movement, I'd need to fast forward through all the preceding part of the file until I got to the correct movement.

I know that my music interests are not likely to be appealing to most users of Rockbox, but others have wanted the no-pause feature, too.

Anyway, thanks for what seems to be a really great piece of software.

Samuel R. Kaufman