Subject: Re[2]: suggestions to usage of 8MB?
From: Eric Linenberg (elinenbe_at_umich.edu)
Date: 2003-03-03

I have not had the AJB Recorder skip since I put rockbox on it. I run
with it often.

-eric

JvdH> Just curious,

JvdH> What are the exact advantages of the larger buffer? Is it just for
JvdH> conserving batteries or does the skip protection improve significantly? Does
JvdH> the AJB ever skip at all?

JvdH> I'm about to get an AJBR20, but so far only used a CD-MP3 player, a
JvdH> Soulplayer DMP-01, which really skips a lot in my car velcro'ed to my dash
JvdH> board. It has 2 MB of buffer memory, but recovering from a disc skip
JvdH> (actually "seek time") takes a few seconds each skip, so if it skips, it
JvdH> skips good. It this also true for the AJB, or does it just have a "healthy"
JvdH> seek time of a dozen or so milliseconds?

JvdH> Regards,
JvdH> Joris.

JvdH> ----- Original Message -----
JvdH> From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
JvdH> To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
JvdH> Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 2:35 PM
JvdH> Subject: suggestions to usage of 8MB?

JvdH> | Hello,
JvdH> |
JvdH> | By now, the additinal RAM of a 8 MB AJB is used for MP3 buffering. What
JvdH> | else do you think should it be used for?
JvdH> | I think only few things should be changed.
JvdH> |
JvdH> | My suggestion (things mentioned by Daniel already..):
JvdH> |
JvdH> | - 1000 files per dir instead of 400
JvdH> | - 20000 files per Playlist instead of 10000
JvdH> |
JvdH> | Anything else?
JvdH> |
JvdH> | Bye, Uwe.
JvdH> |
JvdH> |
JvdH> | Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd
JvdH> op virussen.
JvdH> | Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst
JvdH> waar op wordt gecontroleerd.
JvdH> |