Subject: Re[2]: preset for time-values after power-los
From: Michael Schopferer (Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: 2003-03-04

Hallo,

>> What do you think?
>
> This is a welcome feature. The only thing I don't like is the fixed date
> "2003-01-01 12:00:00".
>
> For a quick change:
> - How about using the date the CVS build instead?

This is one possibility.

> For a better change
> We've also discussed saving the date/time settings (f.e. when powering
> down the unit.) so you could use those. Even if they are not saved, it would
> be very useful to check the root directory for any recording. If one is found, then
> the date / time should be set after that recording to keep the recordings in order.

First suggestion is the better one IMO. But with those restored values
the clock in the statusbar will immediately begin to run. So you have
no "need" to set the actual time. But for the consistency of the
recordings it is an advantage.

Another idea for the testing was comig up:
instead of testing the values of hour/min/sec there should be a test
of the "R O C" in the RTC. This would guarantee right values.

And another one:
I think about using the DST-flag of the RTC. So a simple click could
change summer/wintertime.

Ciao,
Michael

--
Michael Schopferer *** Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de