Subject: RE: WPS & shuffle bug?
From: Binder, David (DBINDER_at_rwjf.org)
Date: 2003-03-04

Brian-
You wrote "Or are you saying that you expect the third song
played to show %pp as 3 - regardless of where it is in the folder - even
if no playlist is loaded?"

My answer is, yes. If shuffle is on and you have a folder with 13 songs that
you just want to play without a playlist, I would think that it would
display the consecutive number of the song that it is playing, not in what
position that song is in the folder. So when it plays the first song, it
would display "1" even though the song itself might be physically located as
the 5th song within that folder. When you play a playlist with the shuffle
on, that's the way it works - it doesn't give you the position of the song
within the folder that it's in - it displays the "chronological" number
within the entire playlist.

Thanks for your quick response.

-David