Subject: Re: Battery bug?
From: Roy Horton (roy_at_spiderdesigns.com)
Date: 2003-03-06

One more item, just for your information when you do start working on
this... I turned off my fm recorder last night and it showed 91%
battery life. WHen I turned it on this morning it started at 40% and
has creeeeped up to about 70% over an hours time or so....

On this other issue, the latest daily build did make the battery
status go all the way to 100...

I have more questions on the fm recorder, but I see by the last entry
in the FAQ that I need to keep them to myself... :)~

Again, great software and only getting better...!

--
Roy Horton
roy_at_spiderdesigns.com on 03/06/2003

On Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:20:59 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote: Roy Horton wrote: > I charge the jukebox and the Archos hardware/firmware that kicks in > when only charging says it is charged, but Rockbox has a battery icon > that appears to be about 3/4 to 7/8 full, even though it should be > fully charged... now when I was using the archos firmware, it would > show fully charged, but would be incredibly sporadic during playing - > switching between files, etc..., at some times even shutting it off, > so Rockbox is definitely better in that aspect, but I wanted to get > info on it not showing a full battery...

The FM recorder power management code is not ready yet and it is not correct. We have just started to reverse engineer the FM recorder and we will update the code as soon as we have the schematics. Stay tuned.

/Linus