Subject: Shuffle playlists (sometimes)
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2003-03-07

Just brainstorming...

I have a number of playlists. Sometimes I want to play a playlist
straight, sometimes I want to play it shuffled. In general, I want
straight play except for certain playlists. So I'm considering:

 1. An additional shuffle setting: "once".
    The next Play command will shuffle, and reset it to "straight".
 2. Mark a playlist that it should be played shuffled. A distinct
    extension, or some special data in the first line.
 3. A keypress (or combination thereof) that will have the next Play
    command executed in shuffle mode.

Alternatives 1 and 3 would also be applicable to playing directories.

Ideas? Suggestions?

-- Johan