Subject: Recording quality low

Recording quality low

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:43:55 +0100

[Note: this may not be RockBox related.]

I've been playing with recording (build 20030304) on my brand new
AJBR20. Recording settings are 44Khz/highest quality.

I've noticed that the quality of the recording is poor (in particular
in the higher frequencies.). When I connect the line out of a CD
player to the line in of the recorder, I'd expect to get a recording
that is almost as crisp as the original.

I've tried with the Archos firmware (1.27d) but no real difference.
Apparently I'm overlooking something. But what?

-- Johan