Subject: Save settings to .cfg file in rockbox
From: Christian D (
Date: 2003-03-07

Hello Rockboxers,

I've done some coding again, and it's now possible to save the current
settings to a .cfg file.

For this, there is a new option in the _General Settings/System_ menu. By
selecting this, a new file named _confignn.cfg_ will be created in .rockbox.
_nn_ is an increased number.
The current code assumes that wps, font and lang files are located in
.rockbox. Thats because there are only the filename without path and extension in
global_settings available. Maybe this will change in the future.

Current ToDo's:
- change the order of settings in .cfg and write comment lines into .cfg for
easier reading/edtiting
- adding entries for screen outputs in .lang file

A patch will be submitted after I've done the ToDo's. Meanwhile you can
download compiled versions here:

(Note: Only the recorder 2MB version is tested.)

Comments are very appreciated.