Subject: Backing up HDD content

Backing up HDD content

From: Joris van den Heuvel <joris.bass_at_planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 17:22:25 +0100

[Not Rockbox related topic]

I was wondering, does anyone keep the contents of the Archos HDD backed up
on their computer? Or do you put all your music on the Archos and if it ever
fails, it just fails and you convert all your CDs to MP3 again?

So this really is a question of reliability of the Archos HDD.

I hardly play MP3s on my computer, although I have the best imaginable sound
system connected to it (M-audio Delta66 sound interface, fully digital
mixing desk, 2 near field studio monitors). So I thought about freeing the
HD space, so I won't have to get a new HD soon. Putting the 20 GB on CDRs is
hardly do-able.

I remember converting most of my CDs to MP3, averaging two or three a day,
letting the computer run at night. So it was about two months of work.

So what are your methods?

"Bass is the basis of all that is music"
My homebuilt stuff: http://go.to/joris.bass