Subject: Re: Backing up HDD content
From: Marc Tricou (Marc.Tricou_at_xi-quadrat.de)
Date: 2003-03-09

Hi!

"Joris van den Heuvel" <joris.bass_at_planet.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [Not Rockbox related topic]
>
> I was wondering, does anyone keep the contents of the Archos HDD backed up
> on their computer? Or do you put all your music on the Archos and if it
ever
> fails, it just fails and you convert all your CDs to MP3 again?

Will u make all my music to mp3 and put it on CD. For me that is the best
solution.

> ...Putting the 20 GB on CDRs is
> hardly do-able.

Well, why!? It's a bit initial work but then you have them save. Your
computer HD is freed. In my case i just use about 500 MB on my computer as a
cache for music i want to hear so i don't have to put in the CD's everytime
i want to listen.

Because localizing music and copying it to your HD or the Archos, i
developed the Dj Quarc, plugin for Winamp 2.x. There i can easily and
very fast search any music by fragments of filenames, have an overview, a
history AND an automatical management of the HD's Cache. So the access to
the CD's music is quite transparent.

www.dj-quarc.de

bye,
Marc