Subject: New ID3 and recording features
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-03-10

Hi all!

I have committed some changes that affects mostly recording, but also
the ID3 parsing. Therefore I want you all to keep an eye on the WPS to
see if all ID3 information is displayed correctly, and also listen for
gaps between tracks that shouldn't be there.

The recorded files now have a Xing header, but it is empty. This makes
the WPS display a bitrate of 0. To generate a complete VBR header with
TOC and all, select "VBR Fix" in the ON+Play menu.

The VBR Fix feature should work on all VBR files, not just the ones
recorded with Rockbox, as long as there is space in the file to add a
Xing header.