Subject: Re: [ rockbox-Bugs-701356 ] Power Save feature kills playlist playback

Re: [ rockbox-Bugs-701356 ] Power Save feature kills playlist playback

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:01:05 -0000 (GMT)

Björn Stenberg said:
> SourceForge.net wrote:
>>
>> Initial Comment:
>> When the power save option is enabled a playlist will
>> not play past the 1st song. The first song plays until
>> around the last 20 secs then the drive spins up, music
>> stops, and the next songs is selected. However, no
>> sound is present. If you disable power save this function
>> works correctly.
>>
>> Unit is a Jukebox FM Recorder (JBR FM)
>> version is CVS-030223
>
> Important: This problem needs to checked by other FM users ASAP! It's
> the only issue ever reported with the power save option.

I have had the Power Saving set to Yes since it was introduced, and have
seen no problems that I can attribute to this setting.

This sounds more like the problem I encounter when using Rockbox on the
move (skipping/freezing problem).

Is the unit being used on the move, or left lying on a table/floor when
this happens? Is it 100% reproducible?

Can you try a more recent build?

Just tried this again, to be sure. Power Saving is Yes. I am now on the
third song in the playlist, and nothing unusual to report.
--
Mike Holden