Subject: Re: memory upgrade adaptor PCB
From: Dirk A. Vahlsing (diava_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-03-11

Hi RockBoxers!

Sorry for being that late, was a little bit to busy the last days....

Here are the promised results:
- As expected, we've found no suitable DRAM (BGA package) for a 16MByte modification.
- There are not enough people interested in the 8MB adaptor PCB. Pricing would be somewhere beyond 20EUR.
- There's very little space for the adaptor PCB, especially towards the HDD. That may lead to incompatibility issues with different makes of HDDs.

So I decided to not proceed with this idea. Sorry!

We've meanwhile started modifying our recorders the conventional way...

Dirk
Werden Sie kreativ! Bei WEB.DE FreeMail heisst es jetzt nicht nur schreiben,
sondern auch gestalten. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021142