Subject: Playlist only shuffle mode
From: Brian King (brking_at_charter.net)
Date: 2003-03-12

I recently submitted a patch to the patch tracker that adds an
additional shuffle mode: playlists only. What it does is when you select
a playlist to play it gets shuffled and when you select a plain mp3
file, the files in that directory do not get shuffled. Personally, I use
it all the time. When I listen to a playlist it is generally one of
several large playlists based on genre and I want it shuffled. When I
select an mp3 file I generally want to listen to a single album and want
to listen to it in order. Is there anyone out there that would find this
useful? Granted, once we have the .cfg file per mp3 file capability the
same function could be accomplished with it, but it would require a bit
of setup to do so and might be a bit of a hassle.

-Brian