Subject: build semi-success --- FM recorder, GCC 3.2.2, 2Mb
From: Nix (nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk)
Date: 2003-03-12

With the default config, it builds, yielding an ajz file 142964 bytes
long (without games or demos). And it's damned nice indeed; it makes
the existing firmware look quite pathetic :)

Built with -Os, however, the rockbox firmware crashes somewhere between
show_logo() and browse_root(). (I've not tested it with -O2 yet.)

I'l be debugging this shortly, as -Os yields a 137684-byte ajz file, and
I want that 5K saving :) I'll try to crash it in the simulator, and if
that doesn't work then I'll have to try moving show_logo() around or
writing suitably named files to the disk to see where it stops.

(I'm cross-compiling from a sparc-unknown-linux-gnu box, for what that's
worth --- not much, if that affects GCC's compilation substantially ---
outside of floating-point constant evaluation, that is --- I'll eat my
hat.)

Hm, is there any way to send debugging info down the USB line? I doubt
that gdb could make use of it without patches, but I don't have a serial
port mod and I don't trust my ability to make one (or to make *anything*
hardware-related, come to that).

--
#ifdef USE_ISPTS_FLAG
		} else {	/* else pty, not pts */