Subject: Re: Playlist only shuffle mode
From: Roy Horton (roy_at_spiderdesigns.com)
Date: 2003-03-12

This is exactly how I use it and have been looking for functionality
like this... definitely would be useful

--
Roy Horton, roy_at_spiderdesigns.com on 03/12/2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:38:11 -0600, Brian King wrote: I recently submitted a patch to the patch tracker that adds an additional shuffle mode: playlists only. What it does is when you select a playlist to play it gets shuffled and when you select a plain mp3 file, the files in that directory do not get shuffled. Personally, I use it all the time. When I listen to a playlist it is generally one of several large playlists based on genre and I want it shuffled. When I select an mp3 file I generally want to listen to a single album and want to listen to it in order. Is there anyone out there that would find this useful? Granted, once we have the .cfg file per mp3 file capability the same function could be accomplished with it, but it would require a bit of setup to do so and might be a bit of a hassle.

-Brian