Subject: Re: New ID3 and recording features
From: Roy Horton (
Date: 2003-03-13

The ID3 Title tag is not showing up in wps about 3/4 of the time...
When I 'show id3 info' on the songs each one says [no title]

when I open up the file in any other player, I get the title...

FM recorder 3-13 daily build

Roy Horton, on 03/13/2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:08:51 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote: Hi all!

I have committed some changes that affects mostly recording, but also the ID3 parsing. Therefore I want you all to keep an eye on the WPS to see if all ID3 information is displayed correctly, and also listen for gaps between tracks that shouldn't be there.

The recorded files now have a Xing header, but it is empty. This makes the WPS display a bitrate of 0. To generate a complete VBR header with TOC and all, select "VBR Fix" in the ON+Play menu.

The VBR Fix feature should work on all VBR files, not just the ones recorded with Rockbox, as long as there is space in the file to add a Xing header.