Subject: Re: Read errors
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-03-14

Henrik Backe wrote:
> > The fairly experienced C programmer knows what's
> > going on when he sees the "if(somefunction())" construct.

> Not everyone are are experienced C programmers!

No, but they can become if exposed to real C code.

This is a classic debate, had in every project (sometimes repetedly). What it really boils down to is: Do we cater to the experienced or the inexperienced programmers?

The experienced programmers knows immediately what "if(somefunction())" does. The inexperienced might not, and need to ask or look it up.

However, neither the experienced programmers nor the inexperienced one knows immediately what "if(success(somefunction()))" does. They both have to look it up!

--
Björn