Subject: Re: new bug ?!
From: Chris Hoekstra (chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2003-03-14

Björn Stenberg wrote:

>Chris Hoekstra wrote:
>

>>I believe I know what this error is for. I came across this error a few
>>days ago, and after looking at the documentation for the decoder/encoder
>>chip, I deduced it was from trying to play an usupported bitrate.
>>

>No. The error is the CPU throwing us an Address Error exception. It is a pure software error. The error screen display is done by Rockbox.

Ok, looks like my powers of deduction failed me here :)

>>And of course this is repeatable, I can provide a file that causes this,
>>

>Please do. Upload it somewhere and post a link to it here.

Ok, here is some more detail:
File is on my server at http://choekstra.dyndns.org/halt.mp3
Filesize: 1939716
Bitrate: 320 CBR
Encoder: unknown

I have tested this on 3-11 and 3-14 builds and it causes the same error
for me both times. I get:
I09:CPUAdrEr
at 0000000F

I can rename this file, and I can delete it via the rockbox interface,
however, as soon as I hit play, it removes all info on the screen
(including status bar) and pops up the before mentioned error. Red
blinking light on a second, off a second.

Hope this helps,
Chris