Subject: Re: Reading the mic during playback
From: Nix (nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk)
Date: 2003-03-15

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Linus Nielsen Feltzing stipulated:
> Nix wrote:
>> Am I right in assuming that this is impossible?
>
> I am pretty sure that the mic input can be monitored during playback,
> and it can even be mixed with the audio as well. You just can't encode
> it.

Oh. I guess I simply failed to see it when I walked through the first
0xFF of the MAS's register file :(

... time to buckle down. [Reads MAS spec]

You're certainly right about the mixing (assuming that the mic is
attached to the mic input and amplifier in the MAS, which seems likely;
I'll admit to not being good enough at reading schematics yet to grok
that from the schematics you drew)...

... and you're correct, I missed the bit that implies that multiple
applications may be enabled at once (although I imagine it draws more
power when you do that).

But I'm still not sure where the microphone input gets reported, except
in the peak meters. Was that what you meant by `monitoring'?

I'll try turning both encoding and decoding on, and see how it goes.

--
#ifdef USE_ISPTS_FLAG
		} else {	/* else pty, not pts */