Subject: yet another Mic-related question
From: Matt SF (spore_at_psibercom.org)
Date: 2003-03-16

Hey all--

I'm still trying to find an "upper-mid" quality microphone to give good
results while recording on Line In. I have an older pair of Core Sound
Binaural mics that I usually use in a stereo configuration
( http://www.core-sound.com ) and they have an inline battery box with a
9v battery.

They work wonderfully on anything with an actual -mic- input and sometimes
need to be moved to a line input if the sound is very loud. But even
with a fresh battery, they just can't drive the AJBR20's line input very
well, even with the gain cranked up to 19.5dB on the recording levels.

Can anyone recommed a decent but not super-expensive battery box that will
raise a mic level to a line level? Also, I am using a daily build from
last December, I don't suppose any possible software improvements have
been made in recording ability since then, eh? Thanks!

-Matt