Subject: Sleeptimer, again
From: Michael Schopferer (Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: 2003-03-17

Hello,

I've got still troubles with the sleeptimer and the charger plugged.

If the charger is plugged in, Rockbox now stops the playing.
It would be better to pause, so you can easily resume after "wake up".
The playlist or queue_file wouldn't be reset etc.

If you replace the mpeg_stop() with mpeg_pause() in powermgmt.c (324)
this will be done. But then the sleeptimer isn't reset. So Rockbox
pauses again within one minute. This can be fixed with:

  set_sleep_timer(0);

With an additional:

  status_set_playmode(STATUS_PAUSE);

the display is also updated (which isn't even now with mgep_stop).

But now following problem occurs:

The song pauses, the display is updated (pause-icon in statusbar),
but if you press play to resume, nothing happes. Another play-press
resumes, but the time between sleeptimer-pause and first play-press
is added to the current time in song.
This means: if you let the sleeptimer pauses a song of 3:00 minutes
in the middle and you wait 10 minutes and then you press two times
play, the current time in song shows 11:30.

I know it isn't quite right to call status_set_playmode() (as an
app) from firmware.
But I'm really confused about the behaviour of the mpeg_thread.
How can it be done to pause quite fine, update the display and wait
for my next play-press? And this with no matter where to be (menu or
WPS).

Ciao,
Michael

--
Michael Schopferer *** Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de