Subject: Re: Some USB 2.0 questions
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2003-03-17

"Warren 'Llama' Ernst" <warren_at_warrenernst.com> writes:

> >>I have a Sitecom CN-014 USB 2.0 card. Has anyone been successful to
> >>get this card going with Linux?
>
> I haven't found a USB 2.0 card that ISN'T based on the NEC chipset
> (even PCMCIA USB 2.0 host adapter cards), and the vast majority of PCI
> cards follow the same reference design too.

Yup, it's the NEC chip. It is up and running now in my GNU/Linux
system and I get a read speed (reading a collection of files) of 8.3
Mbyte/s (66.4 Mbit/s). Slower than the theoretical limit of 480
Mbit/s, but much faster than USB 1.1 speed of 12 Mbit/s. I assume the
disk itself cannot transfer data any faster.

-- Johan