Subject: Re[2]: Some USB 2.0 questions
From: Michael Schopferer (Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: 2003-03-17

Hallo,

> Yup, it's the NEC chip. It is up and running now in my GNU/Linux
> system and I get a read speed (reading a collection of files) of 8.3
> Mbyte/s (66.4 Mbit/s). Slower than the theoretical limit of 480
> Mbit/s, but much faster than USB 1.1 speed of 12 Mbit/s. I assume the
> disk itself cannot transfer data any faster.

This is obviously a behavior of PCI adapters. With onboard USB2.0 you
can transfer 13Mbyte/s and more. I've got testet three different PCI
cards. The ones with VIA or NEC chipset worked fine with up to
8Mbyte/s.
There is also ALI with an USB2.0 chipset. But it didn't work under
WIN(98/XP). With my Recorder 20 I got only USB1.1 transfers.

Ciao,
Michael

--
Michael Schopferer *** Michael.Schopferer_at_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de